Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Invitations

Last week Mom, Val and I met with Wordshop in the Highlands to design Jordan and I's wedding invitation.  SO fun!


The three of us sat down with our minds set on exactly how the invitations should look.  The poor woman working with us was, well, less prepared for my decisiveness.  Apparently the other bride-to-be's she had worked with were a bit less opinionated than I was.  :)

As she flipped through binder after binder of invitation examples, looking for the perfect font, an exact color I wanted, a paper I had in mind, the sound of bustling paper started to stress the three of us out.

 So, we left.

We ate lunch.  Apparently we were just hungry.  (It's in the genes, we get cranky when we're not fed.)

After lunch, Mom and I headed back to Wordshop with a clear head and picked out paper, colors, and fonts.  Elinor was super-sweet to work with and I can't tell you how much fun it is to design your own invitations!

My invitation design was sent in to a local designer, Lucky Onion, who have been featured in everything from Martha Stewart Weddings to NBCs The Today Show.  Though I knew they would do a fabulous job, I've anxiously awaited the first proof and have agonized over the details of the invitations.

Did I choose the right fonts? 

The color?  The size?  Should I have chosen a different envelope?

Today, after work I spotted an email from Wordshop in my inbox.  The proof had arrived!  I can't wait to get the invitations in the mail and for you to see how fun they are!

In the meantime . . .  here is a sneak peak.


(Hint, this is the Denver skyline)

No comments: