But tonight, while making a batch of homemade Hot Buttered Rum, I decided, I'm back.
Needing a place to release some creative juices.
So. Back to Hot Buttered Rum. Have you had it? So SO yummy. It reminds me of when I was little - we would always celebrate Christmas at Aunt Lyndee's and Hot Buttered Rum was in everyone's hand. Add a little rum for the adults and it turned into an affair to remember.
There are a handful of recipes out there but I went with this recipe because the vanilla ice cream sounded so yummy.
- 1 pound butter
- 1 pound brown sugar
- 1 pound confectioners' sugar
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Blend in brown sugar and confectioners' sugar. Remove from heat, and whisk in the ice cream, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Pour mixture into a plastic container, seal, and freeze.
- In a coffee mug, measure 1 tablespoon Hot Buttered Rum Batter and 1 fluid ounce of rum, then fill cup with boiling water. Stir, and sprinkle top of drink with nutmeg.